A New Beginning Animal Rescue is a volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization that relies on volunteers to serve as foster homes for homeless companion animals. We can only save as many lives as we have foster homes. Due to our full space capacity and limited number of foster homes, we must freeze our intake and regrettably turn homeless pets away for the interim.
We urgently need Foster Homes in the Layton, Roy, Ogden, and Bountiful UT Area. Provide a loving home to a homeless companion animal who has been abandoned, may be pregnant, is too young or sick to be adopted immediately - or one of our current cat residents who may need a break from the Kitty Center and more human interaction to continue to be properly socialized - and allow them the opportunity to become strong, healthy, and prepared for their forever homes.
All fostering is temporary and matched to cover the animal's needs, which may last a few days to a couple of months. We ask that you provide the same love and attention to our animals as if they were your own pet - fresh food and water at least twice daily; regular and consistent positive attention to support socialization skills and development; basic grooming and positive training, medical care; and regular updates and images for social media posts. if needed. Instructions, medical supplies, and vet care (subject to ANBAR approval) are provided by ANBAR.
Requirements to Foster:
- Must be 21 years of age to foster
- Must have appropriate space/accommodations in your home for fostering
- Current animals in the home must be spayed/neutered and up-to-date on all vaccines
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to participate in at least 2 Adoption Events per month with foster pets
- Agree to provide to ANBAR regular updates (short narrative and images) of your foster pet
- Court-ordered community service is not eligible for this program. Please see Community Service
Interested in becoming a Foster parent? Apply Today!
Foster Kitten Manual