We are always happy to learn of a potential forever home for one of our rescued companion animals. Our volunteer Adoption Team works very hard to match each of our rescued pets with the most appropriate family in the hopes that each new home will be a happy and permanent one.
A New Beginning Animal Rescue’s (ANBAR) adoption services are limited to the Weber and Davis Counties in Utah and encompass the following telephone area codes: 801 and 385. If you live outside of our service area, please contact another rescue organization nearer your home.
If you are interested in adopting a pet from ANBAR and live in one of our service areas, please contact us for a copy of our Pre-Adoption Questionnaire. Please include a telephone number where you may be reached. Please email us at email@example.com.
The following is a summary of our guidelines. You must:
- Be 18 years of age or older to adopt;
- Complete a Pre-Adoption Questionnaire;
- Complete an Adoption Agreement. Keep in mind that completing an Adoption Agreement means you understand that all adoption fees are non-refundable;
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for a pet;
- Meet with ANBAR's Executive Director or Adoptions Coordinator prior to adoption.
- Complete the Post-Adoption Follow-up Survey
- Two forms of identification are required. A government issued photo ID (driver's license, state identification card, military ID, etc.) and proof of current address. (A telephone, utility or cable television bill qualifies).
- Renters must provide their landlord’s name and phone number, or a copy of the lease. If you are a Renter, be sure to check your rental policy relevant to pet ownership to avoid any landlord concerns.
- You may be asked to provide two personal references, reachable by telephone.
- All adult members of the household should be present or in agreement with the selection.
- All adopters understand that every adult pet in our program is spayed or neutered prior to adoption; kittens and puppies are spayed/neutered upon reaching 3 lbs but no later than 4 months of age.
- All adopters understand our unaltered puppies and kittens are adopted out with the provision that ownership of the puppy or kitten does not transfer from ANBAR to the adopter until after the kitten or puppy has been sterilized.
- Adopters understand that in the event that a kitten or puppy is adopted without undergoing sterlization surgery, a steriliation deposit of $25 and a sterilization agreement are required, to ensure that the pet will be sterilized by a private veterinarian with whom ANBAR has an agreement, within 30 days from signing the agreement. The deposit is refunded after the adopter presents proof from their veterinarian that the puppy/kitten has been sterilized within the appropriate time limit in accordance with the signed agreement.
- All adopters agree that the Adopted Animal will not be subjected to any cosmetic surgery, including, but not limited to, ear cropping and tail docking; will not be subjected to declawing or devocalization.
- All adopters agree that the Adopted Animal will be treated humanely; will not be used for any inhumane purpose; will not be used for any experimental purpose; food; and will not be sold.
- All adopters agree that the Adopted Animal ill not be used for any illegal purpose, including, but not limited to, dog fighting.
- All adopters will accept and consider the pet as a household indoor companion, not as an outside pet.
- If you have children younger than 5 years, and do not already have a dog in your home, understand that adding a dog or cat will be like adding a permanent 2 year old to your responsibilities. For this reason, we will only place our pets in homes with children younger than 5 on a case-by-case basis.
- ANBAR strongly encourages continued socialization and formal obedience training for all dogs under the age of eight.
- All adopters understand that the pet has been microchipped and that the viability of that microchip must be checked at least yearly. Adopters further agrees that ANBAR will always be listed as alternate or primary contact on the registration of the microchip and that adopter is responsible for keeping the registration current and active.
- For the safety of the pet, all adopters agree to take him/her home with a leash and collar (dogs and puppies) or in a carrier (cats, kittens, and rabbits). These items may be purchased in advance or at the time of adoption at Petco. Temporary cardboard carriers (one animal per carrier) are available for purchase from ANBAR, $5.
- Adopters understand that all animals have been thoroughly checked by our veterinarians, ANBAR cannot guarantee the health of any animal.