When he came to us, he only weight 6 lbs. (hence his name) and he had horrible facial injuries. I cleaned him up, fed him and tried to make him as comfortable as possible for the night. To be honest, I thought based on the extend of his injuries, the most humane thing would be to put him to sleep but I wanted to see if there was anything that could be done for him.
The vet examined him and found that Mr. Bones had been electrocuted, most likely by chewing on a cable. He had lost several teeth, the roof of his mouth and tongue had severe burns, then the electricity went up his sinuses and exited below his left eye.
These of course were massive injuries and yet, Mr. Bones left no doubt that he wanted to live! We went ahead with surgery, removed the dead teeth and portions of his cheek bone that also were dead, followed by two more minor surgeries later.
When Mr. Bones was fully recovered, he weight 12 lbs. and became the sweetest little old man one could every imagine. Mr. Bones lived at my house for several years until he died of old age. I will always miss this sweet little boy!